For coatings thicker than 20 µm, BrewerBOND® 220 material is a good option as an alternative solution to typical wax adhesives. It offers significant advantages because it can be applied with a one-coat process. The material provides up to a 160-μm film with a single coat and customized spin process. BrewerBOND® 220 material enables backside temperature processing up to 250°C with minimal device wafer bowing. BrewerBOND® 220 material does not introduce additional stress in the bonded stack. This versatile material can be used for the thermal slide or mechanical debonding methods.
Key Market Sectors
- 3-D wafer-level packaging
- Compound semiconductor
- Enables backside temperature processing at 200°C – 240°C
- Enables slide debonding with low force
- Enables minimal device wafer bowing during processes
- Up to 160-μm film possible with a single coat and customized spin process BrewerBOND® 220 Bonding Material Coating Parameters (8” substrate) Static dispense in center of wafer