ProTEK® SR Coatings Scratch-resistant coating
ProTEK® SR coating is a spin-applied polymeric coating designed to provide maximum protection for fragile, etch-sensitive circuitry placed in direct contact against the interior chuck of the etch chamber. ProTEK® SR coating offers durability and longevity against harsh backside DRIE processes typically utilized by the microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and integrated circuit (IC) industries.
ProTEK® SR coating offers the following features:
- Durable polymer coating protects delicate front-side circuitry during backside DRIE etching.
- High film hardness (9H pencil) resists scratching.
- High glass transition temperature (117°C) assures ProTEK® SR film will not stick to DRIE chuck.
- Low outgassing in a vacuum assures no contamination of DRIE chamber or process.
- Low film ion levels prevent contamination of wafers, tools, and handling equipment.