2015 "Pure Enjoyment"
Time and Place of Exhibit
- October 2 through 29, 2015
- The Creamery Arts Center, 411 N. Sherman Parkway, Springfield, MO 65802
- Gallery Hours:
- Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Closed Sundays and Holidays
Brewer Science will host a reception at The Creamery Arts Center for artists and guests during the First Friday Art Walk, October 2, 2015, from 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm. Find out more about First Friday Art Walk at www.ffaw.org.
Specifications for Jurying:
- Jurying will be done from JPEGs. Artists may submit up to three (3) JPEGs of ready-for-display artwork that has been created within the last 3 years. JPEGs must be RBG Color (NO grayscale), 300 dpi preferred, with a maximum file size of 2MB per JPEG. Please do not submit unrelated files or documents. JPEGs and artist information can be submitted at the following web location: http://www.brewerscience.com/art-show
- Please submit your JPEGs between August 1 and August 23, 2015. If you experience difficulties uploading your files, you may call 573 364 0444, Ext. 1357 for assistance.
- Artists will be notified of the juror’s decision during the week of September 8 through September 12, 2015.
- Selected art must be ready for installation at the time of delivery. All two-dimensional items must be wired for hanging.
- Each piece should be identified with the artist’s name and title written or tagged directly on the back/bottom of each piece.
- Artworks that must be suspended from the ceiling are not allowed.
- No wet paintings, etc., will be accepted.
- Final installed size (including frame) must be less than 3 feet in every dimension.
- The Creamery Arts Center is a family-friendly venue.
- Works selected for exhibition that are not accurately depicted by JPEGs may be removed from the exhibit at the juror’s discretion.
Delivery and Pick-Up of Artwork:
Artworks juried into the exhibit are to be delivered to The Creamery Arts Center, 411 N. Sherman Parkway, Springfield, MO 65802, between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm September 25 or September 28, 2015.
All artwork submitted must be for sale. There is no entry fee; however, a 25% commission will be collected on all artwork sold during the exhibit. Please remember to account for this commission in your selling price. The Springfield Regional Arts Council will accept payments for sold artwork made out to SRAC; Springfield Regional Arts Council will then write a check to the artist for the purchase price less the 25% commission. Pick-up only of sold artwork is offered by the Springfield Regional Arts Council. If necessary, shipping or delivery must be arranged and paid for by the purchaser, or may be negotiable between the purchaser and the artist. PLEASE PROVIDE ACCURATE CONTACT INFORMATION.
Unsold artwork can be picked up at the end of the show, between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, October 30 or November 2, 2015. Works cannot be removed prior to October 31. Please contact Loretta Wallis at (573) 364-0444, ext. 1357 if other arrangements are necessary.
The Springfield Regional Arts Council will be liable for any loss or damage to the works while they are on display at The Creamery Arts Center up to the amount of the sale price. Liability shall not exceed a maximum stipulated in the Springfield Regional Arts Council’s insurance policy.
2015 CALENDAR OF EVENTS for “Pure Enjoyment” Exhibition
Saturday, August 1, 2015 - Monday, August 31, 2015
JPEG files accepted of up to three pieces of original art or photography.
Tuesday, September 1, 2015 - Friday, September 4, 2015
Juror selects pieces for exhibit.
Monday, September 7, 2015 - Friday, September 11, 2015
Artists notified with regard to juror’s selection.
Friday, September 25, 2015 or Monday, September 28, 2015
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Artwork selected for exhibit can be dropped off at The Creamery Arts Center,
411 N. Sherman Parkway, Springfield, MO 65802
Friday, October 2, 2015
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Reception at The Creamery Arts Center, Springfield, MO, for artists and guests.
Part of the First Friday Art Walk.
Friday, October 2, 2015 - Thursday, October 29, 2015
Pure Enjoyment Exhibit at The Creamery Arts Center
Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday Hours 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Closed Sundays and Holidays
Friday, October 30, 2015 or Monday, November 2, 2015
Pick up Unsold Artwork
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Please contact us if other arrangements are required for picking up works of art.
About the Juror
Denene Taliaferro received her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia with studio emphasis in fibers and photography. Her extensive knowledge of 2- and 3-dimensional visual arts has assured her selection as a juror and exhibit coordinator at both local and national levels. Her recent projects include coordinating and installing artwork for the National Watercolor Society's Traveling Exhibit in the Sky Gallery at the Springfield-Branson Regional Airport, and "Colors of Cambodia," an international fundraising endeavor held in the Creamery Gallery at the Springfield Regional Arts Council for the benefit of an art school located in the Siem Reap area of Cambodia.
Ms. Taliaferro broadens her artistic experiences by both teaching and participating in a wide variety of arts-related workshops, classes, and demonstrations for children and adults. A Springfield native with deep roots in the Ozarks, she is an active member of the local arts community, volunteering her time as a co-chair for the Art in the Park Fine Art and Contemporary Craft Show & Sale, in addition to various other events and activities for the Springfield Regional Arts Council.×