Privacy Notice for EU/UK Corporate Contacts
GATHERING OF INFORMATION
– The data we collect and how we collect it
Brewer Science will need to use your personal information in order to deliver our goods, product information and services to you. The data we collect include information relating to any of the following:
- Your name
- Your address, email address and telephone number(s)
- Information regarding your organization
- Information relating to the manner in which and the devices you use to access our website
- Your preference in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences; and
- Any additional information we require in order to provide you with our services and products.
Brewer Science may also use different methods to collect information from and about you. We may for example collect information: directly from you when you use our services or provide information via our website, indirectly through third parties such as Google and other third-party marketing tools, or through public sources.
We do not require special categories of personal information under the definitions in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) enacted by the European Union (“EU”)
THE VALUE OF INFORMATION
– How we use your personal data
Brewer Science do not sell, distribute, or use the information we gather for any purpose other than it was collected for without first getting your express permission to do so or unless we reasonably use it for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose. We also do not use your information for activities for the benefit of Brewer Science without appropriate consideration for its impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
We will use your personal data:
- When you have consented, such as by “opting in”, signing up for a newsletter, or requesting to receive information and updates from Brewer Science.
- Where we need to perform a contract we have entered into with you or the entity with whom you are employed or associated or potentially could enter into in the future. Providing your personal details via our website can be the first step in establishing a contractual business relationship between you or your company or other entity and Brewer Science.
- Where is it necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you or your company or other entity (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your information for our legitimate interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation in response to lawful requests by public authorities, and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have consented to the use of your information, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us or updating your contact preferences. If you withdraw your consent or update your contact preferences, Brewer Science may not be able to provide you with information regarding our certain products and services.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
– Right to Access Your Information
Brewer Science acknowledges that individuals have the right to access the personal information that we maintain about them. An EU citizen who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, delete inaccurate data, object to or request restriction of processing of his or her personal data or would like to request to transfer personal data, should direct any query to email@example.com and/or Brewer Science’s GDPR Champion.
If requested to remove personal data, Brewer Science will respond within a reasonable time frame, but it is always our aim to respond to requests within 30 days. If we foresee the request taking us longer than this time frame, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Please note that any information or material sent to Brewer Science via this website will not be considered confidential. By sending Brewer Science any materials or other information you grant Brewer Science the permission to freely use those materials and/or information, including the ideas contained in them.
– Sharing information with Third Parties
When providing your personal data to Brewer Science via our website, we utilize a third-party management system that allows us to collect, analyze and organize the data provided.
We will provide an individual opt-out or opt-in choice before we share your data with a third party or agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized.
Brewer Science’s accountability for personal data that it receives under the EU Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the EU Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, Brewer Science remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless Brewer Science is able to demonstrate that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
PRIVACY SHIELD COMPLIANCE – Protecting your personal information when transferring it outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
Brewer Science uses reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal data from loss or misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. In addition, Brewer Science limits access to your information to its employees and third parties that have a business reason to view this information. They will only process your information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Brewer Science has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
Brewer Science is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
RETENTION OF DATA
– How long do we hold your data?
Unless Brewer Science has received a request for data to be deleted or an individual has proactively unsubscribed from our marketing activities, we will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we collect it, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
KEEPING DATA SECURE
– What do we do in the unlikely event of a security breach?
In the unlikely event of a security breach or an unauthorized intrusion into material that can be used to identify you as an individual and is likely to result in a risk to your rights and freedoms, we will notify you as soon as possible and report the action we take in response. We may also notify the applicable supervisory authorities.
– How can we be of further assistance? Do you have a question?
If you should need to contact us or to exercise any of the rights detailed within this policy please contact our GDPR Champion Vicki Hallsworth:
Tel: +44 (0)1332 545888
North Mill, 2nd Floor
Darley Abbey Mills
Derby, England DE22 1DZ
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Brewer Science (or third parties), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with appropriate supervisory authorities and Brewer Science’s GDPR Champion.