Privacy Notice for EU/UK Corporate Contacts
Brewer Science is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. As representatives of our customers, suppliers, contractors, and partners (“you,” “your”), we will process your personal data as defined in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice outlines how Brewer Science collects and uses your personal data for the context of providing a service to the company you represent, i.e., fulfilling our contractual obligations, as well as setting out your privacy rights in accordance with data protection legislations, specifically the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Data protection constitutes “personal data” as information relating to a natural person who is identified or identifiable, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identification number of one or more facts that are specific to him or her (last name, first name, address, date of birth, etc.). Your personal data is collected and processed by Brewer Science in good faith, in a legal and transparent manner, and is used to establish a professional relationship with you and provide you and the organization you represent with a better experience when engaging with Brewer Science.
Brewer Science is a “data controller.” This means we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. Brewer Science is required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
It is important that you read this notice to ensure you are aware of how and why your personal data will be used and for how long it will usually be retained. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the GDPR.
Data protection principles
Brewer Science will comply with data protection law that states the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
The kind of information we hold about you and how your personal information is collected
Brewer Science will need to collect and retain certain information from you to provide you and the company you represent with our services and products. To support our business relationship and for mutual legitimate business interests, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information as follows:
- Information obtained from our business leaders: We may receive information related to your name, the company you represent, your designation/job role, and your e-mail address from our business leaders who have established professional or personal connections with you.
- Information received prior to or during fulfilment of contractual services: This may include your name, your designation/job role, the company you represent, your telephone number, and the e-mail address you provide us with during proposal discussions, contract negotiations, or the duration of time for which Brewer Science provides the company you represent with services and our products.
- Information obtained from third-party business contact directory and services: Brewer Science has carefully selected and contracted with third-party agencies providing business contact directory services to obtain the name, title, company, work phone number, work e-mail address, and work address of potential business contacts.
- Information when you access Brewer Science content on our third-party partner website(s): From time to time, Brewer Science publishes thought industry, leadership, marketing collateral, and webinars on third-party website platforms. By accessing our content, we may collect your name, your e-mail address, your contact number, your designation/job role, the company you represent, and any other Brewer Science content or links accessed.
- Information obtained from public sources and professional networking platforms: We may also collect information related to your name, the company you represent, your designation/job role, and your e-mail address from public sources (where available) or professional network platforms, such as LinkedIn.
- E-blast campaigns: If you are a recipient of our marketing communications, we will track whenever you receive, open, or click a link from an e-mail you receive from Brewer Science.
- Information to facilitate travel and lodging: From time to time, we provide assistance to our stakeholders’ representatives who are visiting our premises by facilitating travel and accommodation. In such cases, we would collect your name, your date of birth, your contact number, the company you represent, your e-mail address, your travel and accommodation preferences, and your passport and visa details.
- Corporate marketing and industry events: From time to time, Brewer Science may host various sales, marketing, industry, and thought leadership events. We may collect your name, your e-mail address, your contact number, your designation/job role, and the company you represent from such events. Additionally, our employees and business leaders may visit similar events conducted by other companies or forums. As part of these events, our employees and business leaders may receive business cards from you in order to establish a working relationship with you on behalf of the organization you represent.
We do not require special categories of personal information under the definitions in the General Data Protection Regulation.
How we will use information about you
Brewer Science uses the information provided to us or that we collect about you to:
- Connect with you in order to inform you of new products or services we may offer, including keeping you appraised of our industry and marketing collateral to better assist your needs, in pursuit of our legitimate business interests and on occasion with your consent
- Invite you to Brewer Science’s hosted or sponsored events that may be of interest to you based on your role within the company or industry you represent, in pursuit of our legitimate business interests
- Conduct market research and carry out marketing campaigns, in pursuit of our legitimate business interests
- Fulfil our contractual obligations toward you and the company you represent, e.g., regular communication regarding order status, notifying issues/concerns, sharing data, and carrying out day-to-day business activities; this requires Brewer Science to create and maintain your details as a contact in our CRM database, which we use to store your contact details and keep a record of our interaction with you.
- Communicate with you about our services and products in pursuit of our legitimate business interests (for example, to inform you of a change in our products or supply chain, or to send you critical alerts and other such notices related to our products or services)
- Develop new and improved products and services to help us better serve the company you represent and improve our overall service offerings in pursuit of our legitimate business interests
- Track whenever you receive, open, or click a link from an e-mail you receive from Brewer Science; we will carry out automated profiling of such information to evaluate your interest toward our service offerings or promotions. This processing will enable us to identify and target potential customers or business partners, tailor our marketing, and provide you with relevant and timely content based on your interests, in pursuit of our legitimate business interests.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested that may be necessary for us to fulfil a contractual obligation or for a legitimate business interest, we will not be able to proceed with the business relationship successfully.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will only share your personal information with third parties to allow us to facilitate your travel needs; specifically, we will share this with travel, lodging, and immigration partners. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Brewer Science would also be required to share your personal information when it is required or permitted by law, such as with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
Brewer Science is a global organization, and we have offices and operations in a number of international locations; therefore, we share personal data between the Brewer Science organization for business and administrative reasons only and between internal employees for the purpose it was provided, i.e., to fulfil a contractual obligation and for a mutual legitimate business interests.
Brewer Science has put in place measures to protect the security of your information.
Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and keep it secure.
The company has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. To request details of these measures, please contact the GDPR team at email@example.com.
Brewer Science has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable supervisory authority of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
PRIVACY SHIELD COMPLIANCE – Protecting your personal information when transferring it outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
Brewer Science will transfer the personal information we collect about you to the United States of America and within the EU in order to support our business activities with you. There is an adequacy level of protection in EU countries. This means that the EU countries to which we transfer your data are deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Brewer Science commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact the GDPR Champion, Vicki Hallsworth, at:
Tel: +44 (0)1332 545888
Brewer Science has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning personal data transferred from the EU in the context of the business relationship.
Brewer Science will also be subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
How long will you use my information?
Brewer Science will retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary, taking into consideration Brewer Science’s need to answer queries or resolve problems, any other purpose outlined above, or Brewer Science’s need to comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s).
This means Brewer Science may retain your personal data for a reasonable period, for example, after the end of the contract with the customer you represent or after your query has been addressed. After this reasonable period, your personal data will be deleted in accordance with our data retention policy.
We remind you that you have a right to request to have your personal data deleted at any time and details of how to do this are below.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”); this enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information we hold about you; this enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information; this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to processing on this ground; you also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information; this enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party
If you want to review, verify, correct, or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the GDPR Champion directly.
Tel: +44 (0)1332 545888
North Mill, 2nd Floor
Darley Abbey Mills
Derby, England DE22 1DZ
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Brewer Science has appointed a GDPR Champion to oversee compliance with this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact our GDPR Champion, Vicki Hallsworth.
Tel: +44 (0)1332 545888
North Mill, 2nd Floor
Darley Abbey Mills
Derby, England DE22 1DZ
Brewer Science does have a complaint process and would like the opportunity to address any complaint you have with regard to your personal data, but you do have the right to make a complaint at any time to your country’s supervisory authority for data protection issues.