Privacy Notice for Corporate & Community Contacts
Brewer Science is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. You, including your role as representatives of our customers, suppliers, contractors, communities, and partners (“you,” “your”), we will process your personal data as defined in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice outlines how Brewer Science collects and uses your personal data for the context of providing a service to you or the company you represent, i.e., fulfilling our contractual obligations, as well as setting out your privacy rights in accordance with data protection legislation, specifically the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), UK GDPR, the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), and other relevant state or national data protection laws.
Data protection constitutes “personal data” as information relating to a natural person who is identified or identifiable, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identification number of one or more facts that are specific to him or her (last name, first name, address, date of birth, etc.), as well as online IP address, personal property, purchase history, biometric data, and/or browsing history. Your personal data is collected and processed by Brewer Science in good faith, in a legal and transparent manner, and is used to establish a professional relationship with you and provide you and/or the organization you represent with a better experience when engaging with Brewer Science.
Please be aware that Brewer Science does not sell personal data for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Brewer Science is a “data controller.” This means we are responsible for deciding how we collect, hold, and use personal information about you. Brewer Science is required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
It is important that you read this notice to ensure you are aware of how and why your personal data will be collected, used, and for how long it will usually be retained. This notice also outlines the rights you have regarding access and modification of your personal data. In addition, it provides you with certain information that must be provided under the GDPR, UK GDPR, the CCPA, and other relevant state or national data protection laws.
1. Data protection principles
Brewer Science will comply with data protection law that states the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely
2. The kind of information we hold about you and how your personal information is collected
Brewer Science will need to collect and retain certain information from you to provide you and/or the company you represent with our support, services, and products. To support our business relationship and for mutual legitimate business interests, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information as follows:
- Information obtained from our business leaders and employees: We may receive, as applicable, information related to your name, the company you represent, your designation/job role, and/or your e-mail address from our business leaders and employees who have established professional and/or personal connections with you.
- Information received prior to or during fulfillment of contractual services: This may include your name, your designation/job role, the company you represent, your telephone number, and/or the e-mail address you provide us with during proposal discussions, contract negotiations, or for the duration of time for which Brewer Science provides the company you represent with services and our products.
- Information obtained from third-party business contact directory and services: Brewer Science has carefully selected and contracted with third-party agencies providing business contact directory services to obtain the name, title, company, work phone number, work e-mail address, and/or work address of potential business contacts.
- Information when you access Brewer Science content on our third-party partner website(s): From time to time, Brewer Science publishes through industry, leadership, marketing collateral, and webinars on third-party website platforms. By accessing our content, we may collect your name, your e-mail address, your contact number, your designation/job role, the company you represent, and/or any other Brewer Science content or links accessed.
- Information obtained from public sources and professional networking platforms: We may also collect information related to your name, any company or organization you represent, your designation/job role, and/or your e-mail address from public sources (where available) or professional network platforms, such as LinkedIn.
- E-blast campaigns: If you are a recipient of our marketing communications, we will track whenever you receive, open, or click a link from an e-mail you receive from Brewer Science.
- Information to facilitate travel and lodging: From time to time, we provide assistance to our stakeholders’ representatives who are visiting our premises by facilitating travel and accommodation. In such cases, we would collect your name, your date of birth, your contact number, the company you represent, your e-mail address, your travel and accommodation preferences, your passport, and/or visa details.
- Corporate marketing and community/ industry events: From time to time, Brewer Science may host various sales, marketing, industry, community, and thought leadership events. We may collect your name, your e-mail address, your contact number, your designation/job role, and/or the company/community you represent from such events. Additionally, our employees and business leaders may visit similar events conducted by other companies or forums. As part of these events, our employees and business leaders may receive business cards from you in order to establish a working relationship with you on behalf of the organization you represent.
- Information when you visit our facilities: We will present our privacy policies for our visitors to you should you visit our locations. Should you wish to read these prior to your visit, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not require special categories of personal information under the definitions in the GDPR, UK GDPR, CCPA, and/or other local privacy or personal data protection regulations.
3. How we will use information about you
Brewer Science uses the information provided to us or that we collect about you to:
- Connect with you in order to inform you of new products or services we may offer, including keeping you appraised of our industry and marketing collateral to better assist your needs, in pursuit of our legitimate business interests and on occasion with your consent
- Invite you to Brewer Science’s hosted or sponsored events that may be of interest to you based on your role within the company, community, or industry you represent, in pursuit of our legitimate business interests
- Conduct market research and carry out marketing campaigns, in pursuit of our legitimate business interests
- Fulfill our contractual obligations toward you and the company you represent, e.g., regular communication regarding order status, notifying issues/concerns, sharing data, and carrying out day-to-day business activities; this requires Brewer Science to create and maintain your details as a contact in our CRM database, which we use to store your contact details and keep a record of our interaction with you
- Communicate with you about our services and products in pursuit of our legitimate business interests (for example, to inform you of a change in our products or supply chain, or to send you critical alerts and other such notices related to our products or services)
- Develop new and improved products and services to help us better serve the company you represent and improve our overall service offerings in pursuit of our legitimate business interests
- Track whenever you receive, open, or click a link from an e-mail you receive from Brewer Science; we will carry out automated profiling of such information to evaluate your interest toward our service offerings or promotions. This processing will enable us to identify and target potential customers or business partners, tailor our marketing, and provide you with relevant and timely content based on your interests, in pursuit of our legitimate business interests.
- Ensure you have a safe and welcome visit to our facilities
4. If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested that may be necessary for us to fulfill a contractual obligation or for a legitimate business interest, we will not be able to proceed with the business relationship successfully.
5. Automated decision-making
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
6. Data sharing
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will only share your personal information with third parties to support our business relationships, specifically with:
- Travel, lodging, and immigration partners that allow us to facilitate your travel needs
- Agiloft, our system for reviewing, approving, and storing business documentation and contracts
- HubSpot, our CRM system used for storing our business customers and details of our activities with that customer.
All of our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Brewer Science would also be required to share your personal information when it is required or permitted by law, such as with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
Brewer Science is a global organization, and we have offices and operations in a number of international locations; therefore, we share personal data between the Brewer Science organization for business and administrative reasons only and between internal employees for the purpose it was provided, i.e., to fulfill a contractual obligation and for a mutual legitimate business interest.
7. Data security
Brewer Science has put in place measures to protect the security of your information.
The Company takes responsibility for third party transfers of personal data under GDPR. Therefore, third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and keep it secure.
The Company has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. To request details of these measures, please contact the Privacy Champion at email@example.com.
Brewer Science has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable supervisory authority of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
EU-US Data Privacy Framework and UK Extension Compliance – Protecting your personal information when transferring it outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or the UK
Brewer Science will transfer the personal information we collect about you to the United States of America and within the EU or UK to perform our contract with you. There is an adequate level of protection in EU countries and the UK. This means the EU and UK countries to which we transfer your data are deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information.
In compliance with the Data Privacy Principles, Brewer Science commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU or UK individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Data Privacy Framework policy should first contact the Privacy Champion Kris Bieker at:
US Telephone Number (Toll Free): (888) 852-4635
Brewer Science has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU or by the UK data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Data Privacy Framework complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU or UK in the context of the employment relationship.
Additionally, Brewer Science has committed to refer unresolved DPF Principles–related complaints to a U.S.-based independent dispute resolution mechanism, BBB NATIONAL PROGRAMS. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbbprograms.org/dpf-complaints for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
Brewer Science will also be subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
8. Data retention
How long will you use my information?
Brewer Science will retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary, taking into consideration Brewer Science’s need to answer queries or resolve problems, any other purpose outlined above, or Brewer Science’s need to comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s).
This means Brewer Science may retain your personal data for a reasonable period, for example, after the end of the contract with the customer you represent or after your query has been addressed. After this reasonable period, your personal data will be deleted.
9. Right of access
‘Data subjects’ under the terms of GDPR and ‘consumers’ under the terms of CCPA have the right to access the personal information that we maintain about them. Other local privacy laws and regulations may entitle you to that right as well. All requests should be directed to Brewer Science’s Privacy Champion, Kris Bieker.
Tel: 1-(573) 364-0300
2401 Brewer Drive
Rolla, MO 65401
US Telephone Number (Toll Free): (888) 852-4635
The Company will respond to all access requests from EU citizens as per the requirements of GDPR. The Company will respond to all access requests from UK citizens as per the requirements of UK GDPR. The Company will respond to access requests from California ‘consumers’ as per with the requirements of CCPA. The Company will respond to access requests from other jurisdictions as per his or her state or national laws and regulations.
10. Rights of correction, erasure, and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request correction of the personal information we hold about you; this enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information; this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to processing on this ground; you also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information; this enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party
If you want to review, verify, correct, or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the Privacy Champion directly.
Tel: 1-(573) 364-0300
2401 Brewer Drive
Rolla, MO 65401
US Telephone Number (Toll Free): (888) 852-4635.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Brewer Science will not discriminate against an individual because she or he has exercised her or his rights under any data protection legislation.
- Privacy Champion
Brewer Science has appointed a Privacy Champion to oversee compliance with this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact our Privacy Champion.
Brewer Science does have a complaint process and would like the opportunity to address any complaint you have with regard to your personal data, but you do have the right to make a complaint at any time to your country’s supervisory authority for data protection issues.
EU Data Protection Authority: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en
UK Data Protection Authority: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/