2022 “Pure Enjoyment” In-Person and Virtual Juried Exhibit
Art Submission Deadline: September 9, 2022 by Midnight
View Submitted Artwork
We are no longer accepting entries for 2022.
- July 9th – September 9th (midnight): Submit Entries Online
- September 16th: Notification of Acceptance to in-person portion
- Sept 28th – 29th: Bring accepted artworks at The Creamery Arts Center between 9am-5pm
- October 1st – 30th: Virtual Exhibition
- October 7th: In-person Reception 5pm-7pm at the The Creamery Arts Center
- October 7th – 27th: In-person Exhibition
- October 27th – 28th: Pick-up Artworks between 9am-5pm
Brewer Science, in cooperation with the Springfield Regional Arts Council, has been hosting the Pure Enjoyment Art Show since 2002, featuring original paintings and photography. In 2020, we added a virtual component to the Pure Enjoyment Art Exhibit, allowing it to feature not only local artists but also artists from around the world. The virtual aspect is an open call, with the in-person portion featuring pieces juried in from the virtual show.
The in-person opening reception will be held on opening night of the art exhibit, Friday, October 7, 2022, from 5pm until 8pm, at The Creamery Arts Center in Springfield, MO (411 N Sherman Pkwy Springfield, MO) . This coincides with the First Friday Art Walk. The reception will be your chance to view the art in-person as well as visit with some of the artists. The artwork will remain on display at The Creamery Arts Center throughout the month of October, and is free for anyone to attend.
For the virtual show, Brewer Science is using the online system, EntryThingy. The user-friendly service is designed specifically to manage online art submissions and galleries. Artwork for both the in-person and virtual exhibits are using the same online submission system, EntryThingy.
In addition to the in-person and virtual exhibition, artists will have the opportunity to participate in a People’s Choice Awards. If selected for the in-person exhibition, they may choose to sell their artwork, if they desire. Intent to sell and price must be stated at time of drop-off.
For general questions regarding the Pure Enjoyment Art Show, please contact:
Tracy Jenkins, Corporate Relations at Brewer Science: email@example.com
For questions regarding The Creamery Arts Center in Springfield, MO, please contact:
Claire firstname.lastname@example.org or call the SRAC offices at (417) 862-2787.
If you would like to be promoted on the Springfield Regional Arts Council’s social media leading up to the exhibition, please send the following info by Monday, September 26th to Sarah, Marketing Director at The Creamery Springfield Arts Center: Sarah@SpringfieldArts.org
- Biography or Artist Statement Headshot
- Social Media Handles
- Image of the piece, if available
Subscribe to email reminders
Enter your contact information below to be included in email reminders. You will only be sent information relevant to the Pure Enjoyment Art Show.
Instructions and Requirements:
- Entries can be submitted until September 9th at the following web location: https://www.entrythingy.com/d=brewerscience.com#show=9414
- “Pure Enjoyment” art show is open to artist of every age
- Categories: Photographs and Paintings
- Artists can submit up to 3 pieces of original artwork
- Images need to be clear, in focus, and oriented correctly
- Entries can be for sale but is not required for participation
- Entries need to be in jpg, Png, or gif
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant
- There is no size limit for submitted artwork
- Only the artwork should show in the photo
- Artist should have all the rights for publishing the artworks both domestically and internationally.
- Entries must not be copies or derivatives based in any way on other copyrighted or published paintings, photographs, or other artistic work
When planning to submit for consideration to the in-person portion, please keep in mind:
- All hanging pieces must be wired and ready to hang. No saw-tooth hangers will be accepted.
- Artwork cannot weigh more than 50
- All work should be signed and labeled with the title of the work and the artist’s name on the back of the piece for identification purposes.
- Prices will be required at the time of drop-off