2019 “Pure Enjoyment” Juried Exhibit
October 4 through October 25, 2019
Time and Place of Exhibit:
* October 4 through October 25, 2019
* The Creamery Arts Center, 411 N. Sherman Parkway, Springfield, MO 65802
Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Closed Sundays and holidays
Brewer Science will host a reception at The Creamery Arts Center (Creamery) for artists and guests during the First Friday Art Walk, October 4, 2019, from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm. Find out more about First Friday Art Walk at www.ffaw.org.
Specifications for Jurying:
- Jurying will be done from JPEGs. Artists may upload up to three (3) JPEGs of ready-for-display artwork that has been created within the last 5 years. JPEGs must be RBG color (NO grayscale), 300 dpi preferred, with a maximum file size of 2MB per JPEG. Please do not submit unrelated files or documents. JPEGs and artist information can be submitted at the bottom of the page.
- Please upload your JPEGs between August 1 and August 31, 2019. If you experience difficulties uploading your files, you may call 573-364-0444, ext. 1357, for assistance.
- Artists will be notified of the juror’s decision during the week of September 16 through September 20, 2019.
- Selected art must be ready for installation at the time of delivery. All two-dimensional items must be wired for hanging. Sawtooth hangers will not be accepted.
- Each piece should be identified with the artist’s name and title written or tagged directly on the back/bottom of each piece.
- Artworks that must be suspended from the ceiling are not allowed.
- No wet paintings, etc., will be accepted.
- Final installed size (including frame) must be less than 3 feet in every dimension.
- Only original artwork will be accepted.
- Three-dimensional (3-D) artwork will be included in this show.
- The Creamery Arts Center is a family-friendly venue.
- Works selected for exhibition that are not accurately depicted by JPEGs may be removed from the exhibit at the juror’s discretion.
About the Juror:
Denene Taliaferro received her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia with studio emphasis in fibers and photography. Her extensive knowledge of 2- and 3-dimensional visual arts has assured her selection as a juror and exhibit coordinator at both local and national levels.
Ms. Taliaferro broadens her artistic experiences by both teaching and participating in a wide variety of arts-related workshops, classes, and demonstrations for children and adults. A Springfield native with deep roots in the Ozarks, she is an active member of the local arts community, volunteering her time to various events and activities for the Springfield Regional Arts Council (SRAC).
Delivery and Pick-Up of Artwork:
Artworks juried into the exhibit are to be delivered to The Creamery Arts Center, 411 N. Sherman Parkway, Springfield, MO 65802, between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm on September 26 or September 27, 2019.
All artwork submitted must be for sale. There is no entry fee; however, a 25% commission will be collected on all artwork sold during the exhibit. Please remember to account for this commission in your selling price. The Springfield Regional Arts Council will accept payments for sold artwork made out to SRAC; Springfield Regional Arts Council will then write a check to the artist for the purchase price less the 25% commission. Pick-up only of sold artwork is offered by the Springfield Regional Arts Council. If necessary, shipping or delivery must be arranged and paid for by the purchaser or may be negotiable between the purchaser and the artist. PLEASE PROVIDE ACCURATE CONTACT INFORMATION.
Unsold artwork can be picked up at the end of the show, between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, October 25 or October 28, 2019. Works cannot be removed prior to October 25. Please contact Rachel Johnson at 417-862-2787 if other arrangements are necessary.
SRAC will be liable for any loss or damage to the Artwork while it is on display at the Creamery; however, liability shall not exceed the limits amount set forth in the declarations of the SRAC’s applicable insurance policy. SRAC is not liable for any loss or damage to the Artwork incurred during transportation to and from the Creamery, or at any other time in which the Artwork is not on display at the Creamery. An incoming condition report will be taken by SRAC to document the Artwork’s condition upon arrival. Any damages to the Artwork observed or suspected by SRAC, in its reasonable discretion, will be promptly reported to the Artist.
Directions to The Creamery Arts Center, 411 N. Sherman Parkway, Springfield, MO 65802 (Exhibition and Reception):
From Rolla, MO:
Travel I-44 west for approximately 107.5 miles. Merge onto Schoolcraft Freeway West / US-65 S via Exit 82A toward Branson and proceed for 2.8 miles. Continue traveling US-65 Business, and turn Right onto E. Chestnut Express Parkway. Continue to follow E. Chestnut Express Parkway for approximately 3.1 miles. The traffic light after National Avenue is North John Q. Hammons Parkway / North Sherman Parkway. Turn Left onto North John Q. Hammons Parkway / North Sherman Parkway, and travel approximately 0.2 miles. The Creamery Arts Center is located across the street from the John Q. Hammons Stadium. From Rolla, this location is approximately 115 miles and will take approximately 1 hour and 46 minutes to drive safely.
2019 CALENDAR OF EVENTS
“Pure Enjoyment” Exhibition
Thursday, August 1, 2019 – Saturday, August 31, 2019
JPEG files are uploaded of up to three pieces of original art or photography.
Monday, September 9, 2019 – Friday, September 13, 2019
Juror selects pieces for exhibit.
Monday, September 16, 2019 – Friday, September 20, 2019
Artists are notified with regard to juror’s selection.
Thursday, September 26, 2019 or Friday, September 27, 2019
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Artwork selected for exhibit can be dropped off at The Creamery Arts Center,
411 N. Sherman Parkway, Springfield, MO 65802.
Friday, October 4, 2019
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Opening Reception is held at The Creamery Arts Center, Springfield, MO, for artists and guests and is part of the First Friday Art Walk.
Friday, October 4, 2019 – Friday, October 25, 2019
Pure Enjoyment Exhibit is held at The Creamery Arts Center.
Monday through Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Closed Sundays and holidays
Friday, October 25, 2019 or Monday, October 28, 2019
Unsold artwork is picked up.
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Please contact the Springfield Regional Arts Council at (417) 862-2787
if other arrangements are required for picking up works of art.